Frontend Software Engineer - Driving Tools Internship/Co-op - Zoox
Zoox’s real-time in-vehicle visualization system is essential for the safe and effective use of our ever-growing fleet of autonomous robo-taxis. As an engineering intern on our Driving Tools team, you will collaborate with some of the best and brightest robotics engineers in the world to develop web-based applications that make complex robotics systems accessible to our team of robot operators. If you are driven to build great products, 3D graphics, and building tools that users love, this is the place for you!
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D., or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program.
- Good academic standing
- Can commit to at least a 12-week internship
- At least one previous industry internship, co-op, or project completed in a relevant area
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California for the duration of the internship
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Experience with a front-end UI framework such as Vue, React, or Svelte
- Well-rounded understanding of web technologies
- Experience with TypeScript
- Fluency in Python / C++
- Experience with 3D graphics, especially in a web context
- Familiarity with robotics and 3D spatial reasoning
The monthly salary range for this position is $6,500 to $9,500. Compensation will vary based on role, degree level and type, and benefits will be offered based on eligibility. Additional benefits may include medical insurance, 401k, and a housing stipend.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series.In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.