2024 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - Global Sales & Marketing (Frankfurt) - Morgan Stanley
PLACEMENT AND DURATION
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), the Asset Management Division of Morgan Stanley, has about $1.4 trillion in assets under management or supervision. With over 1,300 investment professionals worldwide, and 54 offices in 25 countries, Morgan Stanley Investment Management is able to provide in-depth local knowledge and expertise while channelling the strength of our global presence and resources.
To support the delivery of tailored, value-added investment solutions to clients our investment teams are organized by capability: High-Conviction Equities, Active Fixed Income & Liquidity, Alternative Investments, Custom Solutions and Sustainable Investing.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and intermediaries worldwide.
MSIM Sales teams are responsible for raising capital for investment teams. Sales teams introduce prospective clients to MSIM and present investment capabilities that meet requirements specified by the client. To do this, they must understand client needs, markets and competitors, maintain strong relationships and co-ordinate communication and activities between multiple parts of the organisation.
Sales teams are the key points of contact with prospective and existing clients and are the key relationship owners throughout the client lifecycle. Sales provide coverage across the institutional and intermediary channels and are organized geographically: North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Latin America, Asia (ex Japan/China), Japan and China.
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the local Sales team of the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst for a short period. The internship typically lasts 3-4 months, but can vary in length depending on business needs and candidate availability.
You will receive on-the-job training and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on a variety of projects.
- Preparation of pitch books, client due diligence or market research to support senior sales officers in their client interactions;
- Sourcing and providing relevant material to service prospective and existing clients who may require performance reviews and fund analysis;
- Liaise between clients and internal business units to ensure operational, legal and reporting needs are met;
- Support marketing activities and creation of marketing collateral including translation and editorial tasks;
- Responsible for the maintenance of client records, sales pipeline, marketing distribution lists, client mapping and sales reports.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ REQUIREMENTS
- You have outstanding analytical and quantitative skills.
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and are a native German speaker.
- You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English.
- You are a strong team player; ability to collaborate with colleagues across MSIM and the broader organization.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
- You are driven, highly motivated and results-focused.
- You have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- You are detail oriented and have the ability to work efficiently within tight time constraints.
- You have graduated from university or are able to take the time off to commit to a full time internship role for 3-4 months.